Have a Powerful Voice.
CARFAC MARITIMES MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS AND SERVICES
“The Pride of belonging”
- 15% discount at AssurArt Insurance “THE ART OF INSURING” : COVERAGE FOR ARTWORKS, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT, MATERIALS, FOR COMMISSIONED ART AND PUBLIC ART AS WELL AS GENERAL LIABILITY
- 15% discount on Guild (PEI) theatre productions(some exceptions apply)
- 15% discount at Altron Fine Art and Reproduction Specialists, Moncton (on regular price list products), NB
- 25% discount (average) from DeSerres, with the Zone card, including framing (in store and online) – please contact for details
- 10% discount at Above Ground Art Supplies, Toronto, Ontario, in store and online
- 5% discount at Endeavors ThinkPlay, Fredericton, NB in store only
- Certificates of Canadian Origin for shipping art abroad at a discounted rate (this avoids paying import tax on art returning from shows outside Canada)
- Free Legal Resources for Artists (limited)
- Free Taxation information
Show your CARFAC Maritimes membership card and get free admission at:
- The National Gallery of Canada
- The Beaverbrook Art Gallery (Fredericton)
- The Art Gallery of Nova Scotia (Halifax and Yarmouth) and
- The Rooms, NL
- Free professional development workshops and presentations on copyright, best practices, etc.
- Free Membership in CARFAC National
- Free Membership in Copyright – Visual Arts
- Advocacy and personalized advisory consultations with CARFAC staff
- Free access to CARFAC Advisory Notes on HST, art dealers, studio safety, etc.
- Free access to Best Practices tools i.e. contracts, etc.
- Assistance to navigate in the CARFAC/RAAV Minimum Recommended Fee Schedule
- Newsletters addressing issues and sharing information relevant to members
- International Association of Art Card ($10) which grants free or discounted entry to many museums in Western Europe and elsewhere.
- Exhibition listing and artist profiles on our website
Also, your membership fee is tax deductible.
Your membership fees also work to bring Artist’s Resale Rights to Canada and made it possible for us to fight for the payment of artists’ fees by the National Gallery of Canada.